
:: profile ::
DIJAH!!!
wani
ruqayyah
aina
afiq
nadia
maddy
shaza
mary
azni
laily
hajar
jaja
wani sap
hanim
far
hazman
afiqah
bad
nashrah
liyana
fitri
herne
umar
What is your understanding of the following skills covered in the course: Main idea, pattern of organization, fact or opinion, bias, tone, purpose.
All of them are not only helping me in reading skills but also in writing skills. Therefore all of them are really important to be expert in.
2. Which skill is the most difficult to you? Which is the easiest?
Main idea is quite difficult, I have to read the whole passage very carefully and I have to associate each main idea for each paragraph to get the main idea. If I misunderstood the content of the passage or can’t understand what’s it all about-
One more the difficult topic for me is bias. I hardly recognize which sentence that shows the author’s bias. Plus, it is also not easy to for me to decide whether it is bias for or bias against
And the tone also quite hard! Sigh~… because it is too much type of tone. I wonder, will the answer need the exact word which describe the tone or is it ok if I put the tone in similar meaning???.. blur…
I can’t say any of them is the easiest- I can’t be very sure for that if I say it’s the easiest, then I have to fully score on it right?! So maybe semi-easy topic is the fact or opinion. I can easily distinguish the author words- whether it’s fact or opinion- by the tips that you’ve given us.
3. Which skill do you think is the most useful in reading or in helping you to read?
Tone and purpose, because if I can identify the word and make inference from that, I will easily understand the meaning of the passage.
4. Which skill do you think you will probably apply?
Pattern of organization, fact or opinion tone and bias. It will be helpful for the both reader and me to understand what I’ve written.
5. How do you tackle the problem of a difficult skill? Give example.
I read all the examples that have been given in class including the notes that you put in your blog. All of them are really helpful. TQ~ =)
6. What do you understand about critical reading?
Read about not unnecessary topics such as entertainment; not providing knowledge for reader. It is important to develop maturity in writing and also while in conversation with people around
7. How important do you think is critical reading in your future university studies?
Extremely important as it helps me in doing all my tasks and enhances my general knowledge which all of us need not only for university studies but also in our career sooner or later.
8. In reading the articles for your journal which of the skills do you normally apply or have applied?
Fact and opinion, tone and purposes as it help me a lot in understanding the articles
0 Comments:
Post a Comment